I made this the other night and it was such an interesting combination and everyone that was over gave it rave reviews. I think it was gone in about two minutes.
Sweet Potatoes and Sausage with Lemon Garlic Mayo Sauce
- - 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and microwaved for about 7 minutes or until soft. Cut into (1-inch) cubes
- - 2 tablespoons olive oil
- - 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- - 1/4 teaspoon salt
- - 1/2 pound spicy smoked sausage, cut into 32 (1/2-inch) pieces
- - 32 wooden picks
Cut sausage and sweet potatoes in cubes and place them on kabob skewers and smother with olive oil, salt and pepper. Grill until browned. After cooked use toothpicks to put sausage and sweet potatoes together in bite size pairs. Dip in the mayo sauce.
Lemon/ Garlic Mayo Sauce
- -1 cup mayonnaise
- -2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- -2 teaspoons minced garlic
- -1 teaspoon lemon zest
- -2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- -1/2 teaspoon pepper
- -1/4 teaspoon salt
Mix all ingredients together and chill.
Happy Yummy Monday!!